TIFR GS entrance exam to be conducted on 10 December 2017
It is a shared entrance exam which is organized for providing admission to the graduate program in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences. The entrance exam is organized by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. All participating institutes use the scores of the entrance exam as part of their admission process. Candidates need to apply individually to each participating institution.
The main objective of this exam is to reduce the difficulties that candidates face during various multiple entrance tests and to reduce the efforts which are undertaken by various institutions in conducting the entrance exams. Admission to the below-mentioned courses is provided at NCBS Bangalore and DBS Mumbai will be done on the basis of the scores which are obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam.
The courses are as-
- Integrated PhD
- MSC by Research
- MSC in Wildlife Biology and Conservation
- The application forms ended on 12 October 2017
- Online payment of the application fee can be done till 18 October 2017
- Demand drafts for the payment of the fee will be accepted up to 20 October 2017
- Admit card will be released on 10 November 2017
- Entrance exam will be conducted on 10 December 2017
- The result for the entrance exam will be announced online on 31 January 2018
- Ph.D. program- The masters in Basic Sciences or Bachelors in applied science. Students with training in Physics or Chemistry are encouraged to apply to the programs.
- Indian nationals will be required to have a bachelor’s degree in any of the fields with a minimum of 50% marks in core subjects and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation.
- Candidates studying in the final year of the degree will be eligible to apply for the TIFR GS entrance exam
The application process of the entrance exam will be conducted through both online and offline mode. For the online application process, those candidates will have the facility of the internet can apply online. The offline application process, candidates from the remote areas who do not have access to the internet may apply manually. They will be required to send the application form without DD along with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
The application fee for the entrance exam for the male candidates when submitted online is Rs.600 and when submitted through demand draft is Rs.650 and for female candidates, the fee will be Rs.100 whether submitted online or by post.
The admit card for the entrance exam will be released online on the official website of the exam conducting authority. The candidates will have to download the admit card in order to appear on the entrance exam. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the entrance exam without admit card as it is considered to be a mandatory document to carried along to the examination hall in order to appear in entrance exam.