Google Chromecast – Faster Way to Connect to the World
In 2013, Google introduced its first streaming device to the world – the Chromecast. The idea was blown away on its debut. Google improved the functionalities and continued with essential updates for future. Now, it has come with a faster and updated version of Google Chromecast which has grabbed great attention in the market. It is launched with a new version of its original dongle and audio-only version, included with Chromecast Ultra for 4K Ultra HD support. Both the versions are highly convenient for users, offering an easy way to cast music, movies, TV shows from a computer, mobile to a larger screen.
Isn’t that great to connect to the world through Internet with a small portable device? It has become a popular streaming device all around the world for its comprehensive and easy-to-manage features.
What can you do using Chromecast?
- Watch streaming videos
Google Chromecast allows you to stream videos bought from Google Playstore. However there are other popular content providers that support it such as Netflix, HBO Now, ESPN, YouTube, Disney and many more. You just need to sign in with a channel through the device and stream your favourite videos.
- Listen to streaming audio
It enables you to play your favourite music by supporting popular music apps and services along with Google Music, Spotify, Pandora and iHeart Radio.
- Mirror your desktop or android device screen on TV
Using Google Chromecast, you can mirror the whole desktop or mobile screen on your TV. Simply use the Google Cast app or Chrome browser on your windows computer and watch popular TV shows.
Which apps and devices support Chromecast?
Google’s Chromecast get support from Android smartphones and tablets, iOS devices (iPhone and iPads), Mac OS X and Chrome for Windows.
The supported applications for Chromecast include:
- Google Home
- YouTube and YouTube TV
- HBO Now and HBO GO
- Sling TV
- Vudu and Crackle
- PlayStation Vue
- DirectTV Now
How to set up Chromecast?
The method of setting up the Google streaming device is quite different than various other players as it doesn’t work with its personal on-screen interface. Here are sequential steps to do it:
- Connect the Chromecast to your Television and just plug in: You just need to switch on the input on the TV for the specific port you use for the device.
- Connect Chromecast to Internet: You can do this in two different ways. Connect it either using the Google Cast App for Android and iOS devices or download a specific utility in your desktop.
- Open apps for content provider on your mobile: The supported apps of Chromecast will be displayed on the screen as a casting icon which you can click to connect Chromecast.
- Support 4 modes- AirMirror / Miracast / DLNA / Airplay to sync cast photo /video / music/office file/web browser / live camera from iPhone/Android Smart phone/tablet PC to large screen TV/ Projector by WiFi, design for PPT presentation and video meeting
- Support online movies / videos, online TV channels, online webcast/web browsing. Support most video websites(app or online)- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter…Not compatible with the app that requires copyright, like Netflix/ iTunes/ Amazon Video/ HBO go/ Hulu Plus/ Honda Motor/ ESPN
- Users also can mirror online contents on Chrome to HDTV, when playing 3D MSG (Motion Sensing Game), you could use the tablet as the game control, and enjoy it with the big TV screen
- Support Online Upgrade. If dongle is on network mode, it will upgrade automatically when there is a new version on the dongle server.
- Plug and Play- No APP and no driver required, easy to use. Just simply 3 steps to enjoy the media on large screen: Plug->Connect->Mirroring
It is a latest and fastest medium to stream audios and videos on the screen of your choice.